Pune : FIR against house owner, MSEDCL officer after boy injured in electrocution

0

Pune : Policenama Online – A month after a three and half- year-old boy lost his hands and legs after getting in contact with a DP box , the Bharati Vidyapeeth police station on Monday registered FIR against the house owner and MSEDCL officers for neglecting the safety at the house and installing the DP close to the house.

The incident had taken place on April 18 in Ambegaon. Police said that the injured boy Aadi Gaikwad’s hands and legs had to amputated due to the injuries.

According to police, Gaikwad alonwith his family members had gone to his relative’s house in Sachaimata Nagar in Ambegaon. Adi was playing on the terrace around 5.30 pm when he accidentally touched the high tension distribution panel, which is located very close to the terrace, and sustained injuries. He was taken to Sassoon hospital for treatment. Adi’s father Ganesh Gaikwad (29) is a tailor in Bopodi.

Police have charged the accused persons for offences under sections 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like