Amit Shah praises Chhatrapati Shivaji, Dr Ambedkar for their contribution in building the nation; flays Congress for insulting Dr Ambedkar
Pune : Policenama online – A huge statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj will inspire and guide youths. There was darkness and it was difficult to pronounce the word ‘Swaraj’, a young man rose and established Swaraj, said Union Home Minister Amit Shah here on Sunday.
Shah was speaking after he performed the ground-breaking for a statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and unveiled a bust of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on the premises of the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Sunday.
In the backdrop of the sacrilege of a Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Statue in Karnataka, he said Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj did not rule merely in Maharashtra but over the two-third land of India. He established the ‘Hindavi Swaraj’ (an independent state of the local people).
“The Constitution given by Dr Ambedkar is the best in the world. However, the Congress never let go any opportunity to insult him,” said the minister.
Dr Ambedkar was honoured with the highest civilian honour Bharat Ratna by a non-Congress government. Constitution Day was not celebrated because it could have been a praise for Dr Ambedkar. The Congress did not even release a stamp in his honour, said Shah.
Speaking elsewhere at a convocation event, Shah announced establishment of a cooperation university, most likely on the premises of the Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management. Its branches will be set up in all states.
- Maharashtra Temperature | Cold wave in north-west India, temperatures to drop drastically in Maharashtra in coming days
- Maharashtra State Election Commission will make changes in ward delimitation draft
- Solapur | Aggrieved person attempts self-immolation at SP, Solapur office
- Baramati | Man forces wife to have sex with his friends in Baramati, 4 arrested
- Navi Mumbai metro railway maiden run by December end
- Sangli | Moneylender arrested in Tasgaon