Turkiye Earthquakes | Death toll in Türkiye earthquakes exceeds 40,000
file photo

Ankara, Feb. 19 (UNI) – Turkiye Earthquakes | The death toll from two major earthquakes that struck southeastern Türkiye on Feb. 6 has risen to 40,642, the country’s disaster agency said Saturday. (Turkiye Earthquakes)

 

Search and rescue efforts will be largely completed as of Sunday evening, Yunus Sezer, head of the Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) said at a press conference.

 

The emergency work was concentrated in southern Hatay province, which was hit hardest in last week’s quakes, he said, adding that the disaster agency had nearly 13,000 personnel working in the area.

 

A total of 430,000 people were evacuated from the earthquake area, Sezer said.

 

A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck Türkiye’s southern province of Kahramanmaras at 4:17 a.m. local time (0117 GMT), followed by a magnitude 6.4 quake a few minutes later in the country’s southern province of Gaziantep and a magnitude 7.6 earthquake at 1:24 p.m. local time (1024 GMT) in the Kahramanmaras Province.

 

Join our Telegramfacebook page and Twitter for every update

 

Ravindra Dhangekar meets Sharad Pawar, game-changer NCP chief to take part in election campaign

Police bust sex racket run under the garb of spa centre near school in Pimple Saudagar; five girls rescued

DCM Devendra Fadnavis Meets Punit Balan In Pune Ahead of Kasba Peth By-Elections

Two from Nagpur booked for Rs 2-cr cheating on the pretext of getting youths jobs in hotels in Australia

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *