International Cricket Stadium Project In Moshi | Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation Embarks on International Cricket Stadium Project in Moshi
International Cricket Stadium Project In Moshi | Pimpri-Chinchwad is set to witness the development of an international standard cricket stadium in Moshi, as approved by Commissioner Shekhar Singh. With an estimated expenditure of approximately 400 crores, the project aims to provide a state-of-the-art facility for cricket enthusiasts. The municipal corporation has initiated the necessary steps, including the appointment of a consultant, to commence the construction of the stadium.
The administrative sanction of 400 crores for the construction of the International Cricket Stadium at Reservation No.1/204, Ward No.Three in Moshi has been included in the budget for the year 2023-24. To proceed with the project, the appointment of a consultant was necessary, and a price list was invited for the selection process.
Among the applicants, Om Technologies presented the most competitive rate, with a pre-tender rate of 1.98 percent and a post-tender rate of 0.1 percent, resulting in a total of 1.99 percent. Based on this, Commissioner Singh approved the standing committee’s decision to appoint Om Technologies as the consultant for the stadium construction. Once the tender for the project is published, Om Technologies will receive a fee of 0.50 percent pre-tender and 1.49 percent post-tender, totaling 1.99 percent, as per the government’s guidelines.
The upcoming international cricket stadium in Moshi will become the third such facility in the district, joining the prestigious Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Pune and the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Gahunje. While Pune’s stadium previously hosted international cricket matches, the establishment of the stadium in Gahunje shifted the focus away from Pune. The construction of the cricket stadium in Moshi aims to revive the cricketing spirit in the region and provide a world-class venue for future cricket tournaments.
Makarand Nikam, the City Engineer of Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, expressed, “A consultant has been appointed to oversee the construction of the cricket stadium in Moshi, and the estimated cost is around 400 crores. The consultant will be responsible for designing the stadium and preparing the budget estimate. The final cost will be determined accordingly. The funding model for the project, whether it will be built through BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer), PPE (Public-Private Enterprise), private investments, or municipal funds, is yet to be decided.”