Pune Crime News | Labourer dies of electrocution in Pimpri Chinchwad
File photo

PUNE : Pune Crime News | A labourer was electrocuted after he came in contact with an underground electric cable while carrying out digging work. The incident took place on Monday at 4 pm at Koyte Vasti at Punawale.

The deceased has been identified as Gopal Balappa Ayyali (21), a resident of Chinchwad. Ravi Kotappa Bajalwar (25), a resident of Chinchwad, has lodged a complaint at the Ravet police station. Accordingly, an FIR has been registered against Waghere (details unknown) and Siddesh Tandel (27).


According to the police, the complainant’s nephew Gopal was doing digging work at Koyte Vasti at Punawale. The permission of MSEDCL was not taken. The accused did not inform Gopal about the underground power cable. Hence, while carrying out digging work, Gopal died after suffering an electric shock.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *