Pune | Metro train to run in Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad by the end of January
Pune : Policenama online – Here is some good news for Punekars! The metro train in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad is likely to get functional by the end of this month. The route from Vanaz to Garware College square in Pune and from Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation to Phugewadi in Pimpri Chinchwad is all set for the first metro journey of the citizens.
Managing Director of Maha Metro Dr Brijesh Dixit said that 95% work on both the routes is completed. The state and central government will declare the dates of inauguration soon. It will depend on the availability of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Considering that the income from metro train tickets will be meager, Maha Metro has built business complex at Vanaz and Swargate. Maha Metro will also have a share in the stamp duty under the transit-oriented development policy of the state government, said Dixit. Metro will also earn through advertisements at metro stations.
The metro fare will be between Rs 10 and 50. Provision has been made for a bay for rickshaw and buses near the station. Facilities like stairs, lift and accelerator will be available. Tickets and stalls will be available on the first floor of the metro station building while the platform will be on the second floor. The length of the platform will be 140 meters while it will be 21 meters in width. The station will be air conditioned and the system will run on solar energy.
- Maharashtra Rains | IMD forecasts rainfall in December in Maharashtra
- Pune crime | Accused denied bail in extortion case involving famous builder Yuvraj Dhamale
- MahaTET Exam Scam Case | More cash of Rs 33 lakh seized from Tukaram Supe’s offices, house
- Pune Crime | Absconding criminal in MCOCA case arrested by anti-extortion cell of Pune police
- Pune | Murder attempt on woman for complaining to police