Pune News | Confusion about Jayant Patil; NCP leader clarifies that he will not abandon Sharad Pawar
Pune: Policenama online – Pune News | Speculation was rife about a meeting between Union Home Minister Amit Shah and NCP State Chief Jayant Patil and an air of suspicion was created around Jayant Patil. However, Jayant Patil tried to clear the confusion by saying that he will not abandon Sharad Pawar. (Pune News)
There were talks about Jayant Patil switching sides during the recently concluded monsoon session. During the tenure of MVA government, Patil had been given charge of the Water Resources Ministry. This portfolio has not been allocated to any minister in the present government. Rumours were going around that the ministry had been kept vacant for Jayant Patil.
Patil has cleared the air on this issue. Now, social media was full of stories about Amit Shah and Jayant Patil meeting. Patil had clarified that he did not meet Shah during his visit to Pune. He said that such reports are a source of entertainment. MLA Jitendra Awhad said that confusion about Jayant Shah was being deliberately created.
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College Excelles in International Moot Court Competitions
- Woman police inspector killed as police vehicle rams into truck on Samruddhi Mahamarg, Three policemen and accused seriously injured