Pune News | Educational Consultancy Firm MD and Associates Face Charges in Pune Admission Scam
Pune Consultancy Firm MD and Associates Booked for Scam Promising Medical College Admissions
Pune: Policenama online – Pune Crime News | In a distressing turn of events, the Pimpri Chinchwad Police have taken legal action against three individuals, including the managing director of a higher education consultancy firm, for their alleged involvement in a scam that duped eight people of a staggering Rs 2 crore. The victims had been lured with the false promise of securing admissions to various medical colleges within the state. (Pune Crime News)
The shocking scheme unraveled when one of the victims, who had already disbursed Rs 28 lakh to the consultancy, arrived at their office in Hinjewadi, only to discover it locked and deserted. To add to the distress, the officials who had been in contact with the victim regarding the promised admissions were suddenly unreachable. Realizing that they had fallen prey to a fraudulent operation, the aggrieved individual promptly reported the matter to the police. Subsequent investigations revealed that seven more individuals had been similarly victimized.
The primary victim, hailing from Baramati, had initially met with the managing director and two other officials of the consultancy firm at their office. They had assured him of securing admission for his nephew through the management quota, demanding a total of Rs 70 lakh, encompassing fees and donations. The victim’s initial contact with the accused occurred when he received a message from the consultancy firm on September 1.
A comprehensive case has been registered at the Hinjewadi Police Station, and law enforcement agencies have initiated a search operation to locate and apprehend the accused responsible for this duplicitous act.
This unfortunate incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of exercising caution and due diligence when engaging with educational consultants or intermediaries. Students and their families are urged to verify the authenticity of such services and admissions claims to avoid falling victim to unscrupulous individuals or firms.
In a collective effort to combat such fraudulent activities, it is imperative for the public to report any suspicious dealings promptly, aiding law enforcement in their quest for justice.
- Pune Faces Hospital Bed Crunch Amidst Rising Viral Infection Cases
- Honey bees attack villagers during immersion of Ganesh idols; More than 150 villagers injured in Bhor taluka
- peeding car crushes three labourers, two seriously injured on Kalyan-Ahmed Nagar highway
- Doctor offers Bacardi to 20-year-old woman, rapes her in his clinic at Narayan Peth
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office