Pune News | Honey bees attack villagers during immersion of Ganesh idols; More than 150 villagers injured in Bhor taluka
BHOR: Policenama online – Pune News | oney bees attacked villagers who were performing an aarti at the time of the immersion of Ganesh idols at Hidorshi in Bhor taluka. The bees attacked more than 150 people on their face, eyes, head, hands and legs and the victims included men, women and children. They were treated at the primary health centre at Hidorshi. (Pune News)
Residents of Somjaivasti, Harlicha Mal and Takicha Mal areas at Hirdoshi had gathered near the Neera Deodhar dam on Saturday at 3.30 pm for immersion. When they were performing aarti, the honey bees came there suddenly and attacked them. Children, youths, men and women were present at the spot and they were bitten by the bees. They started running helter skelter.
After the bees went away after a few hours, local villagers Dhondiba Malusare, Baban Malusare, Baban Rajivade, Arun Malusare, Laxman Dhamnuse, Santosh Malusare and Ankush Dhamnase carried out the immersion of Ganesh and Gauri idols.
At the primary health centre (PHC), the citizens were given medicines and injections. Since the post of medical officer at the PHC at Hidorshi is vacant, they could not be given treatment on Saturday. On Sunday, Dr Darekar provided treatment to the people.
- Will Parth Pawar contest against Supriya Sule from Baramati in Lok Sabha poll?
- Doctor offers Bacardi to 20-year-old woman, rapes her in his clinic at Narayan Peth
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office