Pune News: Nine gas tankers explode in Pimpri Chinchwad; Residents run helter-skelter; Three school buses burnt (Video)
PUNE / PIMPRI CHINCHWAD: Policenama online – Pune News | Nine tankers exploded while gas was being stolen from them and three school buses were destroyed in the huge blaze. The city was jolted by the incident and local residents came on the streets in sheer panic. The fire brigade brought the situation under control within an hour and it has come to light that the gas stealing racket was responsible for the massive blaze. Health Minister Tanaji Sawant blamed the police for the gas stealing racket and the massive blaze. (Pune News)
The incident took place near Blossom School of Tanaji Sawant’s JSPM Institute. Hence, Sawant rushed to the spot and levelled an accusation that the Pimpri Chinchwad police were responsible for aiding the gas stealing racket and the fire. Sawant compared this incident to the drug mafia operating from Sassoon Hospital.
The health minister owns the JSPM Institute and the gas stealing racket was going on at the open space near Blossom School. The minister took Addl CP Sanjay Shinde to task for this incident.
Since a huge blaze broke out in the gas tanker, it caused several explosions. This created an atmosphere of panic in the area. There was a huge rush of people near the place where the incident took place. Many people came on the streets due to the blasts. Since school, college and hostel are located in the area, the students also came on the streets after hearing the loud noise.
The Wakad police have arrested three people in connection with this incident. They include the owner of the place, a person selling stolen gas and the tempo driver for illegally transporting gas cylinders. The driver of the tanker is absconding. The racket was exposed after nine blasts took place one after another. This doesn’t mean that the racket takes place only in Pune and this happens throughout the state. However, the police are completely ignorant about these happenings.
- Senior social activist and reformist from Bohra community Dr Zainab Poonawala passes away
- Two youths drown in Lonavla dam
- Nine districts receive less than average rainfall this year; Sangli district gets only 44 per cent of average rain
- Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Leader Warns of Consequences Amidst Toll Collection Controversy
- Pune: Roads in Mundhwa and Mohammadwadi to be developed on PPP basis in lieu of credit note; PMC floats tenders worth ₹170 crore
- Woman raped on the pretext of marriage; Incident takes place in Kondhwa
- Pune Faces Hospital Bed Crunch Amidst Rising Viral Infection Cases
- Honey bees attack villagers during immersion of Ganesh idols; More than 150 villagers injured in Bhor taluka
- peeding car crushes three labourers, two seriously injured on Kalyan-Ahmed Nagar highway
- Doctor offers Bacardi to 20-year-old woman, rapes her in his clinic at Narayan Peth
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house