Puneite Student’s sketches adorn German Calendar
Pune : Policenama online – Pune News | Puneite and a Std 11 student Rashi Rajiv Shaha has been honoured for her sketching skill by a leading German language institute from Germany. Her two sketches of the Savitribai Phule Pune University’s main building and the General Post Office building have been published in this year’s calendar of the Goethe Institute known as the Max Mueller Bhavan in India.
Rashi said these two heritage structures display Pune’s cultural legacy. She said, “These two structures combine the city’s cultural prosperity and their symbiotic relationship with common people’s lives. The institute organized a sketching contest last year. I painted these two sketches in the contest. The beauty of these buildings started unfolding with each stroke of the brush. Each sketch taught me something.”
Many other students from the city had also participated in the competition. However, Rashi’s sketches were selected for the calendar. These two buildings date back to the British Raj and have been built in the British architectural style. The use of chiseled basalt stones add to the beauty of these buildings. The Max Mueller Bhavan recognized the natural style, in which Rashi painted them. Rashi is studying in the commerce faculty in Symbiosis College.”
“Every painting grants new space to us. Our view and thoughts broaden as we go on painting. Though I am studying in the commerce stream, I am learning new techniques in this art through research. I look at painting as a hobby and a career” said Rashi Shaha.
- Anil Deshmukh demanded Rs 2 crore to cancel my suspension: Sachin Vaze’s statement to ED
- Nanded shocked as wives of two professionals commit suicides in separate incidents
- They wanted to kill Kirit Somaiya : Chandrakant Patil
- Eight Shiv sainiks booked for attack on Kirit Somaiya
- Shiv sainiks manhandle Kirit Somaiya at PMC
- BJP corporator’s husband joins NCP, First blow to ruling BJP in Pune