Pune Cyber Crime | 55-year-old woman duped of Rs 2 lakh by unknown cyber thugs who said that parcel of yours is containing drugs
Pune: Policenama online – Pune Cyber Crime | A 55-year-old woman was duped by cyber thugs who said that narcotics were found in a parcel sent from Taiwan to Mumbai in your name in Katraj area. The woman received a call from an unknown number saying that he was speaking from the courier office and said that the parcel you sent contained drugs. (Pune Cyber Crime)
According to the police, “The complainant woman was approached by an unknown person on July 24, 2023. An unknown person said a parcel that has been sent from Mumbai to Taiwan in your name has narcotics in it. A cyber thug sent a link to the complainant saying to verify your bank account to avoid action in this matter. The complainant clicked on the link and the cyber thugs got access and transferred Rs 1.99 lakh. In this regard, a case of fraud under the Information Technology (IT) Act has been registered against the unknown mobile phone holder at Bharti Vidyapeeth police station and police inspector Vijay Puranik is conducting further investigation.”
Police appealed the citizens to take care in this way
1) Don’t panic if you haven’t sent the parcel.
2) Call the cyber police first if you receive the call to the police.
3) Do not download any application.
4) Do not click on any link.
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office