Pune News | Citizens from Pimpri-Chinchwad pay around Rs 6 cr fine for violating traffic rules
Pune: Policenama online – Pune News | Over 1.78 lakh commuters violated traffic rules in the past five years and paid over Rs 6.07 crore fine to the traffic police department in Pimpri-Chinchwad.(Pune News)
The Pimpri-Chinchwad Police Commissionerate was set up on August 15, 2018. Since then, in the last five years, the traffic police manpower and booths have increased. Moreover, traffic signals have been installed at major chowks in the city. The statistics indicate that the number of actions has increased over the years.
The BRT bus stops have been built on the right hand side of the routes in the city. A special arrangement has been made for BRT passengers to cross the road. However, the facility is not used by them. Traffic police have been deployed at various junctions in the city. However, they are seen busy taking action rather than monitoring traffic.
Traffic violators are penalized from time to time. Action will continue in the future also. Traffic violations are likely to lead to accidents. Therefore, commuters should follow traffic rules.
Vitthal Kubde, ACP, Traffic
- Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
- Gram Sevak kidnapped after breaking beer bottle in front of his car, Accused take ₹73,000 from him and confine him to farm house
- Former BJP office-bearer dies by suicide in his office
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College Excelles in International Moot Court Competitions
- Woman police inspector killed as police vehicle rams into truck on Samruddhi Mahamarg, Three policemen and accused seriously injured