Ties between Uganda and India should further strengthen – Chief Minister Eknath Shinde
India -Uganda direct air service inaugurated
Mumbai :-Policenama online – Chief Minister Eknath Shinde | “With the beginning of air service between India and Uganda, the extension of trade, business, culture, tourism and health sector will definitely take place. It is due to such step that the mutual relations between both the nations will be further strengthened. It will bring prosperity and peace for the welfare of both the countries and there will be good cooperation in the future,” this confidence was exuded by Chief Minister Mr Eknath Shinde here, today.
He was speaking during the celebration of National Day of the Republic of Uganda and inauguration of direct flight between Mumbai Entebbe. Minister Dharmarao Baba Atram, Minister Edward Wamala, Professor Joyous Kikafunda, Madhusudan Agrawalji, Vinod Sarogiji, Abul Husain Sameer Somaiyaji, Juhi Chawla, Jay Mehta and other dignitaries were also present on the occasion.
At the beginning of the program, the chief minister extended his greetings on the National Day of the Republic of Uganda. He said that Uganda is one of the most beautiful countries of the African continent. India and Uganda have had bilateral relations for decades adding that more than 40 thousand Indians stay in Uganda and they are contributing in the development of that nation. The beginning of the India- Uganda air service will strengthen the relations between both the nations and will give a boost to the economy of both the nations, the chief minister added.
- Senior social activist and reformist from Bohra community Dr Zainab Poonawala passes away
- Two youths drown in Lonavla dam
- Nine districts receive less than average rainfall this year; Sangli district gets only 44 per cent of average rain
- Maharashtra Navnirman Sena Leader Warns of Consequences Amidst Toll Collection Controversy
- Pune: Roads in Mundhwa and Mohammadwadi to be developed on PPP basis in lieu of credit note; PMC floats tenders worth ₹170 crore
- Woman raped on the pretext of marriage; Incident takes place in Kondhwa
- Pune Faces Hospital Bed Crunch Amidst Rising Viral Infection Cases
- Honey bees attack villagers during immersion of Ganesh idols; More than 150 villagers injured in Bhor taluka
- peeding car crushes three labourers, two seriously injured on Kalyan-Ahmed Nagar highway
- Doctor offers Bacardi to 20-year-old woman, rapes her in his clinic at Narayan Peth
- Accused grabs policeman’s collar and brags of high-level contacts
- Private coaching class teacher sentenced to 15 years’ rigorous imprisonment for raping minor