Pune News: Water in swimming pools in Pimpri-Chinchwad will now be purified with chlorine powder instead of gas
Pune / Pimpri: Policenama online -Pune News | The civic administration has decided to use chlorine powder instead of chlorine gas to purify water in the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Swimming Pool at Kasarwadi and elsewhere. (Pune News)
The decision follows an incident in the past where 19 people were affected due to the leakage of chlorine gas. A tragedy was averted due to timely action. The contractor running the pool was booked for endangering people’s lives due to negligence. The contractor, Sumit Sports and Equipment, was responsible for running six swimming tanks, including those at Keshav Nagar, Nehru Nagar, Vadmukhwadi, Charholi, Pimpri Gaon, Pimple Gurav and Kasarwadi. Now, the firm’s contract has been terminated.
It has been decided to use chlorine powder instead of chlorine gas. A lab test was conducted by purifying water in the swimming pool at Sambhaji Nagar by using chlorine powder. The lab has given its approval to use the powder. Therefore, swimming pool water will henceforth be treated with the powder, said Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Sports Department, Mininath Dandvate.
Five swimming pools reopened
Five out of the seven swimming tanks, which were closed for the public, following the incident at the Kasarwadi pool, have now been opened again. They include the ones at Pimple Gurav, Pimpri Gaon, Sambhaji Nagar, Vadmukhwadi and Nehru Nagar.
- Auto unions in Pune call for strike on October 25; 50 to 60,000 auto drivers to take part in the strike
- Pravin Gedam appointed Agricultural Commissioner of state; Sunil Chavan transferred after 11 months
- MNS City Unit Chief Sainath Babar keeps mum after being asked whether he wants to contest Pune LS election
- Nagpur ACB arrested superintendent of PF office & police constable in 24 hours for demanding bribe
- Pune ACB arrested two engineers of Daund Municipal Council for demanding bribe Rs 10,000
- Joint Sub-Registrar suspended for charging Rs 24.90 crores less stamp duty
- Woman threatened, blackmailed by creating fake Instagram account
- Couple cheated of Rs 4.5 lakh on the pretext of investing in tamasha business in Kondhwa, case registered against two
- Intensity of heat in October will be more this year, predict weather experts
- FIR registered against two women for obstructing government work
- Bombay High Court rules in favour of PMC on Bhide Wada issue